Fiverr banners sold

Friday, October 30, 2015

Book Review: Driving Grandpa

I really enjoyed reading this story! It made me feel like I was right there listening to Grandpa's stories. I wanted to hear more! I did not want it to end. It made me long for the days with my own Grandpa and a little bit sad that they were long gone. There is a real feeling of nostalgia as you read and listen to the stories. I laughed out loud more than once. The author himself is a great story teller. He writes with feelings and makes you feel as well.
I loved the friendship between John and his Grandpa, the fact that he took time and spent it with him and that he still wanted to hang out with him and do things with him was so heartwarming. I think that kept Grandpa feeling young and useful too. Those are some memories that can last a lifetime.
At times, Grandpa reminded me of my Great Grandpa, he was a bit ornery, but he was definitely interesting to listen to. I was lucky to at least know my Great Grandpa for a little while. But I wished I had more time to get to know him better and I am sure he could have told some whoppers in his day.
That's what this story did for me, It reminded me that our family is important and that they might have some useful and very entertaining things to tell you and you should be more open to listening to them and spending time with them because they won't always be there.


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZZ7SA78?ref_=cm_cr-mr-title

No comments:

Post a Comment